Online Access Agreement
For First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking
This Online Access Agreement ("Online Access Agreement") for accessing your accounts via First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking explains the terms and conditions governing the following online services: internet banking, bill pay and other banking services offered through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. By using the Internet Banking Services you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Online Access Agreement. This Online Access Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with all applicable federal laws and regulations. The following rules will apply to the extent there are no applicable federal laws and regulations. The terms "we", "us", "our", and "Bank" refer to First Federal Bank of Ohio. "You" refers to each signer on an account. The term "business days" means Monday through Friday, excluding Saturday, Sunday and federal banking holidays.
The terms and conditions of the applicable Deposit Account Agreements and Disclosures for each of your Bank accounts (your "Account Disclosure Statement") as well as your other agreements with the Bank, such as those you entered into for loans, continue to apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Online Access Agreement.
You are being provided this agreement and disclosure electronically. This agreement provides that in the future you may be provided other disclosures electronically. By agreeing to the terms and conditions of this agreement, you agree to electronic transmission of this agreement and other information relating to this agreement in the future. First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking can be used to access only Bank accounts which you are authorized to access. We undertake no obligation to monitor transactions through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking to determine that they are made on behalf of the account holder.
II. Accessing Your Bank Accounts through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking
To access your accounts through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking, you must have an eligible Bank account (listed below), an assigned user ID, and an online password.
Accounts Accessible through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Commercial Loan
- Real Estate Loan
- Personal Loan
- IRA Accounts
- Money market
- Credit Line
- Home Equity Line
- Christmas Club
- Time Deposit Accounts
In order to use the Internet Banking Service, you need a computer (in this agreement, your computer and the related equipment are referred to together as your "Computer") with a web browser (either Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher), a user ID, and an Internet Banking Password. The Password is the confidential personal identification number you use to access your account(s) through Internet Banking.
You are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and operation of your Computer, browser, and the software. First Federal Bank of Ohio is not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your Computer, the browser or the software. First Federal Bank of Ohio is also not responsible for any Computer virus or related problems that may be associated with the use of an online system.
See Section VII for a description of Bill Pay fees and other miscellaneous fees and charges. Other fees, as described in the applicable Account Disclosure Statement, may apply to services ordered online.
Please note that fees may be assessed and billed separately by your online service provider.
C. Electronic Mail (E-Mail)
Sending E-mail through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking is a way to communicate with the Bank. First Federal Bank of Ohio has provided an E-mail form for you to ask questions about your account(s) or give comments on your banking service. These E-mail forms are accessible after you sign on with your password to a secure session of First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. To ensure the security of your account information, we recommend that you use only this secure E-mail form when asking specific questions about your account(s).
You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions on your account(s). For banking transactions, please use the appropriate functions within First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking or call (419) 468-1518.
D. New Services
First Federal Bank of Ohio may, from time to time, introduce new Internet Banking Services. We shall update this Online Access Agreement to notify you of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules contained in this Online Access Agreement.
E. Benefits of Using First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking
Through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking, you can manage your eligible accounts from your home or office on your personal computer. You can use First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking to:
- View account balances and review transaction history for checking and savings accounts.
- Transfer money between accounts.
- Transfer money to pay your First Federal Bank of Ohio credit line, Home Equity Line or other line of credit.
- Pay bills to any merchant, institution or individual with a U.S. address.*
- Print copies of cleared checks and past monthly statements.*
- Communicate directly with the Bank via secure E-mail.
- Download Checking or Savings transactions for use in Quicken or Microsoft Money.
* Refer to Account Disclosure Statement for associated fees.
III. Terms and Conditions
The first time you access your Bank accounts through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking confirms your agreement to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Online Access Agreement and acknowledges your receipt and understanding of this disclosure.
A. Your Online Password
Your Internet Banking Password is required to access First Federal Bank of Ohio's Internet Banking functions. You agree not to give or make available your Password to any unauthorized individual. If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen, someone has attempted to use the Internet Banking Service without your consent, your deposit account(s) or loan account(s) have been accessed, or someone has transferred money without your permission, you must notify First Federal Bank of Ohio immediately (see Contact Information below). First Federal Bank of Ohio does not maintain a record of your password. If you lose or forget your Password, contact First Federal Bank of Ohio immediately so that you may select a new confidential password.
B. Payment Account
You will be asked to designate a payment account for selected services such as Bill Pay. You agree to pay promptly all fees and charges for services provided under this Agreement, and authorize us to charge the account that you have designated as the payment account for the fees.
If you close the payment account, you must notify us and identify a new payment account for the selected services. Additionally, if you close all Bank accounts, you must notify First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service to cancel your Internet Banking Services.
Your Internet Bank Services may be canceled at any time without prior notice due to insufficient funds in one of your accounts. After cancellation, Internet Banking Services may be reinstated, once sufficient funds are available in your accounts to cover any fees and other pending transfers or debits. In order to reinstate your services, you must call First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at (419) 468-1518.
If you do not schedule or process a payment in your First Federal Bank of Ohio bill payment account via First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking for any three (3) month period, First Federal Bank of Ohio reserves the right to disconnect your service. Please note that your online bill payment information will be lost if you are disconnected.
You agree to be responsible for any telephone charges which you incur by accessing your Bank accounts through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking.
If you wish to cancel any of your Internet Banking Services offered through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking, please contact First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Services at (419) 468-1518 or send us cancellation instructions in writing to First Federal Bank of Ohio, 140 N. Columbus St., Galion, Ohio 44833.
C. Our Liability
OUR LIABILITY. Our liability to you is explained in any agreements, notices and disclosures that we separately provide to you from time to time regarding your Eligible Bank Accounts and Internet Banking Services. This section explains our liability to you only to the extent that our liability has not been separately disclosed to you by any of these agreements, notices, or disclosures. Under no circumstances will we have any liability to you for failing to provide you access to your Eligible Bank Accounts or Internet Banking Services through the service. Furthermore, unless otherwise required by applicable law or otherwise limited by this Agreement, we will only be responsible for performing the Internet Banking Services as expressly stated in this Agreement, and will only be liable for material losses incurred by you to the extent such losses directly result from our gross negligence or intentional misconduct in performing the Internet Banking Services.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE HAVE LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE WHETHER OR NOT ANY CLAIM FOR SUCH DAMAGES IS BASED ON TORT OR CONTRACT OR WHETHER WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
We will not be obligated to honor, in whole or in part, any transaction or instruction which:
- Is not in accordance with any term or condition of this Online Access Agreement;
- Is not in accordance with any term or condition applicable to the Internet Banking Service or Eligible Bank Account;
- We have reason to believe may not be authorized by you or any third person whose authorization we believe is necessary or involves funds subject to a hold, dispute, restriction or legal process we believe prevents their withdrawal;
- Would result in us exceeding any limitation of our intra-day net funds position established pursuant to present or future Federal Reserve guidelines;
- Would violate any applicable provision of any risk control program of the Federal Reserve or any applicable rule or regulation of any other federal or state regulatory authority;
- Is not in accordance with any other requirement of our applicable policies, procedures or practices; or
- We have reasonable cause not to honor for our or your protection.
If we do complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance;
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer or bill payment.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
- If your account is closed or if it has been frozen.
- If the transfer or bill payment would cause your balance to go over the overdraft privilege limit set up to cover overdrafts.
- If you, or anyone you allow, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the electronic fund transfer system is not working properly.
- If you have not provided us with a complete and correct payment information, including without limitation the name, address, account number, and payment amount for the payee on a bill payment.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions for using First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party) prevent the transfer or bill payment, despite reasonable precautions taken by us.
Except as specifically provided in this Agreement or where the law requires a different standard, you agree that neither we nor the service providers shall be responsible for any loss, property damage or bodily injury, whether caused by the equipment, software, the Bank, OR by Internet browser providers such as Netscape (Netscape Navigator browser) and Microsoft (Microsoft Explorer browser), OR by Internet access providers OR by online service providers OR by an agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing. Nor shall the service providers or we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of the equipment, software, the Internet Banking Services, or Internet browser or access software.
INDEMNIFICATION. Except to the extent that we are liable under the terms of this Agreement or an agreement that otherwise governs your Eligible Bank Account, if you are an owner of an Eligible Bank Account, you agree to indemnify and hold us, our directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from all loss, liability, claims, demands, judgments, attorney fees, costs, interest, and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with an Eligible Bank Account or the performance of an Internet Banking service. This indemnification is provided without regard to whether our claim for indemnification is due to the use of the Internet Banking Service by you or your authorized representative.
D. Hours of Accessibility
You can access your Bank accounts through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking seven days a week, 24 hours a day. However, at certain times, some or all of First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking may not be available due to system maintenance. During these times, you may use the ATM to conduct your transactions.
A transfer initiated through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking before 7 PM (Eastern Time) on a business day is posted to your account the same day. All transfers completed on a Saturday, Sunday, or banking holiday or after 7 PM (Eastern Time) on a business day will be posted on the next business day.
Our business days are Monday through Friday, except for banking holidays. "Banking Holidays" shall mean all federal banking holidays.
E. Additional Terms and Conditions
- Obtaining Account Balance and Transaction History - You can obtain balance and transaction history on all eligible accounts that are enrolled in the First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. See Section II for specific accounts accessible through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. Account balance and transaction history reflects activity through the close of the previous business day. Transactional information for your accounts will be available from Internet Banking for a maximum of three statement cycles from the date of inquiry.
- Transferring Funds - The number of transfers from a savings account or money market account is limited as described in the applicable Account Disclosure Statement. If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds held until the hold expires.
F. Attorney Fees and Costs
In the event that there is any litigation to enforce the terms of the Agreement, the prevailing party therein shall be entitled to recover a reasonable attorneys fee and costs of the action.
IV. Bill Pay Service
A. Using the Service
The First Federal Bank of Ohio Bill Pay Service allows you to schedule bill payments through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. There is no limit to the number of payments that may be authorized. You may pay any merchant or individual approved by First Federal Bank of Ohio for payment through Bill Pay. Payments to federal, state, or local tax agencies may not be acceptable to those agencies.
By furnishing us with the names of your payees/merchants and their addresses, you authorize us to follow the payment instructions to these payees/merchants that you provide us via First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. When we receive a payment instruction (for the current or a future date), we will remit funds to the payee on your behalf, from the funds in your designated checking account, on the day you have instructed them to be sent ("Payment Date"). However, we shall not be obligated to make any such payment unless your account and/or overdraft privilege plan has sufficient funds or credit availability to pay the bill on the Payment Date. Funds for ALL bill payments (whether these payments are made electronically or by check) will be withdrawn from your account ON THE DAY the payment is scheduled TO BE SENT TO THE PAYEE.
If your account or overdraft protection plan does not have sufficient funds to pay the bill on the payment date, we will cancel the payment and notify you by US mail. This payment should be resubmitted through Bill Pay or sent, by check, to the payee. Any fees assessed through the bill payment system will be withdrawn from your bill payment account.
NOTE: Any payments made with Bill Payment require sufficient time for your payee to credit your account properly. To avoid incurring a financing charge or other charge, you must schedule a payment sufficiently in advance of the due date of your payment. When you schedule payments:
YOU MUST SCHEDULE THE PAYMENT AT LEAST 4 FULL BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE DATE THE PAYMENT IS DUE AT YOUR PAYEE.
We will also be liable to you if we fail to stop a payment pursuant to your timely order to do so. We shall not be responsible for any charges imposed or any other action taken by a payee resulting from a payment that you have not scheduled properly, including any applicable finance charges and late fees. In addition, we will not be liable if any third party through whom any bill payment is made fails to properly transmit the payment to the intended payee. We will also not be liable if there are insufficient funds or credit availability in your designated payment account and/or overdraft protection plan; if legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the payment account; if the payment account is closed or frozen; or if any part of the electronic funds transfer system is not working properly. We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use of Bill Pay.
NO DUTY TO MONITOR PAYMENTS. We do not have any duty to monitor the payments that are made through the Bill Pay Service. If you are a business and an authorized representative of yours uses the Bill Pay Account to pay bills which are not yours, you assume the entire risk of loss and indemnify and hold us, our directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from the loss, liability, claims, demands, judgments and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with such use.
First Federal Bank of Ohio reserves the right to terminate your use of Bill Pay at any time.
If for any reason, you should ever wish to cancel your bill pay service through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Service, we strongly suggest that you cancel all future bill payments and call First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at 419-468-1518. That will ensure that future payments and transfers made by you will not be duplicated. We will automatically delete all outstanding payment orders (all individual payments and all recurring payments) once we have been notified that your service has been terminated. We will continue to maintain your accounts until you notify us otherwise.
B. Bill Pay Fees
For the fees applicable to our Bill Pay service, refer to Section VII--Miscellaneous Fees and Charges.
The Bill Pay monthly fees cover service for the previous month and are effective upon enrollment. Fees will be charged to your payment account, whether or not bill payments are made in the month.
If the payment account has insufficient funds to cover fees, the Bank may deduct the fee from any other account linked to First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking (in any order we choose). If the fee cannot be paid, we may cancel Bill Pay. After cancellation, Bill Pay may be reinstated by contacting First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service once sufficient funds are available in your account to cover all accrued Bill Pay fees and any other pending transfers or debits.
C. Account Ownership
Each Bill Pay membership must consist of one User-ID and Password determined by the primary account holder. Accounts that require two or more signatures are not eligible to be linked to Bill Pay. Any authorized signer on the account may close the Bill Pay service.
V. General Terms
A. Changes to Charges, Fees or Other Terms
The terms of this Agreement, applicable fess, and service charges may be altered or amended by First Federal Bank of Ohio from time to time. In such event, First Federal Bank of Ohio shall send notice to you either at your address as it appears on First Federal Bank of Ohio.s records or by online notice through Internet Banking. Any continuation of Internet Banking after First Federal Bank of Ohio sends you a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). Further, First Federal Bank of Ohio may, from time to time, revise or update the First Federal Bank of Ohio program, services, and/or related material(s) rendering such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, First Federal Bank of Ohio reserves the right to terminate this agreement as to all such prior versions of the First Federal Bank of Ohio programs, services, and/or related material(s) and limit access to First Federal Bank of Ohio.s more recent versions and updates.
B. Disclosure of Account Information
You authorize the Bank to disclose to third parties, agents, such an independent auditors, consultants or attorneys, the information you have provided or that we have obtained about your accounts and the transfers you make:
- to comply with government agency or court orders or requests; or
- to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- to provide services relating to your account or to offer other products and services; or
- if you give us your permission.
C. Periodic Statements
You will get a monthly account statement from us for your checking and money market accounts. You will get a monthly account statement from us for your statement savings account, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case, you will get a statement at least quarterly.
D. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfer
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your account information and/or Password have been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your accounts (plus your maximum overdraft privilege amount). If you believe your account information and/or password has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your account information and/or Password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your account information and/or password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your account and/or Password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days, if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
E. Questions or Error Correction on Online Banking Transactions
In case of questions or errors about online funds transfers made through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking involving a Bank account, you should do one of the following:
- Send an E-mail to First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service by filling out the E-mail form accessible after signing on with your password to a secure session.
- Call First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at (419) 468-1518.
- Write to First Federal Bank of Ohio, 140 N. Columbus St., Galion, Ohio 44833, as soon as you identify any errors or discrepancies in your statement or transaction record, or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or transaction record.
We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we have sent the first paper or online statement on which the problem or error appeared. If you notify us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
When you tell us about the problem, please:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain why you believe it is in error or what additional information you need.
- Tell us the date and dollar amount of any suspected error.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you, (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account), and we will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account), to investigate your complaint or questions. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days, (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account), for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we do not need to credit your account while we complete our investigation. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with First Federal Bank of Ohio before this account is opened. If we determine that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents used in our investigation.
F. Other General Terms
- Other Agreements - In addition to this Agreement you agree to be bound by and will comply with the requirements of the applicable Account Disclosure Statement, the Bank's rules and regulations, the rules and regulations of any funds transfer system to which the bank belongs, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We agree to be bound by them also.
- Bank's Right to Terminate this Agreement - The Bank reserves the right to terminate this Online Access Agreement and your access to Internet Banking Services through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking, in whole or in part, at any time.
- Assignment - The Bank may assign this Online Access Agreement to its parent corporation or to any now existing or future direct or indirect subsidiary of its parent corporation. The Bank may also assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Online Access Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
If any section, sentence, clause or phrase of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unconstitutional by any Court of Competent jurisdiction, then said holding shall in no way affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
VI. Protecting Your Account
A. Preventing Misuse of Your Account
Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of your account. You must promptly examine your statement upon receipt. If you find that your records and ours disagree, you must immediately call First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at (419) 468-1518.
- Protecting Personal Information - In addition to protecting your account information, you should take precautions to protect your personal identification information, such as your driver's license, Social Security Number, etc. This information by itself or together with information on your account may allow unauthorized access to your account(s). It is your responsibility to protect personal information with the same level of care that you protect your account information.
- Taking Care of Your Online Password - The password that is used to gain access to Internet Banking Services through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking should be kept confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your online password regularly. We recommend that you memorize this online password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your online password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, change your password at once and notify First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at (419) 468-1518.
B. Unauthorized Transactions in Your Bank Accounts
Notify us at once if you believe another person has improperly obtained your online password. Also, notify us if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account. Only reveal your account number to a legitimate entity for a purpose you authorize (such as your insurance company for automatic payments). To notify us, call First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking Customer Service at (419) 468-1518.
VII. Miscellaneous Fees and Charges
|$5.95 / Month
First 90 Days - Free
* The basic Online Banking service includes monthly account access, balances history, and transfers.
** Bill Payment Fees are charged after the end of each month and are incurred even if no transactions are made for that month.
*** Normal fees relating to banking services apply. All charges listed above will be automatically deducted from your Checking account and will appear on your account statement.
This Online Access Agreement ("Online Access Agreement") for accessing your account via First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking explains the terms and conditions governing the following online services: banking, bill pay and other banking services offered through First Federal Bank of Ohio Internet Banking. By using the Internet Banking Services you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Online Access Agreement.